To gain access to revision questions, please sign up and log in.
LED Bar and Darlington Driver Circuit
The Layout Step 1
- The LEDs are in a Dual in-line (DIL) integrated package.
- The eight resistors are in a Single in-line (SIL) integrated package.
- The discrete component diode is for polarity protection.
Step 2 - Add the Darlington Driver Chip
- The ULN2803A is an 18 pin DIL integrated circuit (IC).
- The chip is a ULN2803A. This has eight Darlington driver circuits.
- Behind the LED Bar display, there is a resistor array containing eight 680 Ω resistors.
- The chip is wired up with colour coded connecting wires. This makes circuit fault correction much easier.
- Line 0 : Black
- Line 1 : Brown
- Line 2 : Red
- Line 3 : Orange
- Line 4 : Yellow
- Line 5 : Green
- Line 6 : Blue
- Line 7 : Violet
Contacts, ©, Cookies, Data Protection and Disclaimers
Hosted at linode.com, London