To gain access to revision questions, please sign up and log in.
The Voltage Gain is One
- But the current and power gain can both be very large.
- Ideal Device: Vout = Vin
- Real Life Device: Vout = Vin - 0.7
- The input resistance is very large.
- The output resistance is small.
- The output is well isolated from the input.
- B = BASE.
- C = COLLECTOR.
- E = EMITTER.
- The base input resistor is not always needed.
- Transistors in this configuration are usually controlling quite large currents so they will be bolted to a heat sink.
- This circuit can be used in push-pull amplifiers (MOSFETS are usually preferred). An NPN and a PNP transistor must be used.
Contacts, ©, Cookies, Data Protection and Disclaimers
Hosted at linode.com, London