To gain access to revision questions, please sign up and log in.
Continuous Wave 40kHz Ultrasound Carrier Generator
This is a 555 Astable circuit. To send Morse code, the reset line on pin 4 could be keyed.
- Adjust the 10K Pot for maximum output at 40 kHz.
- JPR Electronics supply an ultrasound transmitter/receiver pair, part number 594-058.
- The transmitter is marked with "T".
- The receiver is marked with "R".
- Look at pin 3 (the output) with an oscilloscope.
- Connect the ultrasound receiver (R) to the oscilloscope input and see if you can detect the transmitted signal.
- Put the transmitter and receiver close together and adjust the Pot for maximum signal at 40kHz.
- See how far away you can move the transmitter and still detect the signal with the oscilloscope.
Contacts, ©, Cookies, Data Protection and Disclaimers
Hosted at linode.com, London