In vehicles, several microcontrollers might be found.
The microcontrollers improve ...
Efficiency, economy and price
The microcontrollers are in charge of functions like ...
ECU - Engine Control Unit.
Optimise the engine to save fuel and reduce pollution.
The settings are altered as the engine goes from cold to warm running.
Measure the engine performance and correct it, for example if the tank has been filled with a lower grade of fuel.
Driver's display. Modern cars often give far more information than older models. For example ...
Fuel miles per gallon.
Tyre pressure measurement and warning.
Frost and icy road alert.
In car accessories ...
Bluetooth phone connection
Experimental technologies ...
Measure the distance to the car in front. Apply the brakes to avoid a collision. Top models already have this.
Use 5G technology to set your speed to cruise through traffic lights without stopping and wasting fuel.
Use 5G technology to request the lights go green. On empty roads all the traffic lights would be green ready for you.
Use 5G technology to control motorway speed to avoid dead stops during heavy congestion.
Use 5G technology to tell other vehicles you have broken down and are causing an obstruction. No more collisions in fog!
Before Electronic Control Units - Dirty
Note the "Hunting" where the engine RPM fails to settle down.
More Recent Technology - Cleaner
Skip the first 1:30 seconds. A much cleaner start.
Electric - Cleanest
Last Name Class ID
- You can attempt a question as many times as you like.
- If you are logged in, your first attempt, each day, is logged.
- To improve your scores, come back on future days, log in and re-do the questions that caused you problems.
- If you are logged in, your most recent wrong answers get remembered. This might help you and your teacher to correct your understanding.
- In the grade book, you can delete your answers for a topic before re-doing the questions. Avoid deleting unless you intend re-doing the questions very soon.