To gain access to revision questions, please sign up and log in.
SA602AN Based Circuit
- This is a single chip superhet receiver with an intermediate frequency of zero Hertz.
- This technique is called direct conversion (DC).
- The SA602 chip is a mixer with a built-in local oscillator.
This circuit has not been tested but a very similar circuit was successfully built for a recent A2 project.
- The SA602AN is available from Farnell for about £2.00
- The two tuned circuits should resonate on the same frequency. They should be screened from each other and the coils mounted at 90 degrees to minimise magnetic coupling.
- The two coils should be identical.
- The tuning capacitor should cover between 50 and 150 pF. It's fine if the range is more than this.
Contacts, ©, Cookies, Data Protection and Disclaimers
Hosted at linode.com, London